Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help to replace older damaged motherboard with new

Solved 
3K views 50 replies 5 participants last post by  farmerguy101 
#1 ·
Ok, so first let me say thank you for any and all help I may receive here. THANK YOU.

In 2008 I built my own computer and it worked fine. In a three or four years I added ram and no longer had a working computer. It got really hot, and I put the old back in but already damaged. I tried to buy a new motherboard like the one I had but it was discontinued then. So I set my homebuild aside and got a hp at walmart, which I still use by the way. Fast forward to today, and I want to get my homebuild working again, only better than ever. Which is why I am here, seeking a good solution to my problem.

motherboard mb gigabyte ga-ep35-ds3l p35 rt
cpu intel/c2q q6600 2.40g 775 8m r
graphics card vga evga 384-p3-n851-ar 8800gs 384m
power supply psu ocz600sxs 600w rt
ram mem 1gx2/g.sk f2-6400cl5d-2gbnq r
hard drive hd 500g/st 7k 32m sata2 st3500320as
card reader rosewill/rcr-102 rtl
dvd burn asus drw-2014s1t 20x rt
cpu cooler/arctic p4/acfz7-pro r

windows xp

Is there a modern quality motherboard I can just plug in, or perhaps this whole setup is so dated that it would be best to just basically start over with modern stuff and maybe reuse some components or maybe not. Opinions and advice appreciated. Thanks.

See less See more
#51 · (Edited)
ok thanks to all especially Replay. He spent quite a bit of time working with me. The comp is working fine now, both the mb and the hard drive were bad. Now I am working of validating my windows 7, which it does not seem to want to do.

edit: if I cant validate windows 7, maybe is will try linux mint

edit: windows validated so I am good to go. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.