Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there similar site to Photobucket?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Laura7491 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question. Is there an image host similar to Photobucket (PB for short). Most hosts will not let me assess their site whether it's for me or not without creating an account first.

What I need in web host is that
1) host little animated images like the one I have in my avatar on this site,
2) to have a quick access URL to the specific image depending on the need - Forum, e-mail, HTML. Direct , etc. (please see attached screenshot). This is what is convenient in PB.

I do use another web host Box.net, but it does not host animated images. It only hosts photographs and videos - YouTube, PPS etc. .
I have a lot of animated emotes and other images and I would like to switch to a good reliable image host.

So, I thought I'd ask you if you know such an image host that I need.
P.S. Photobucket has become totally unusable due to its constant freezing because of the TONS of advertisements that are running the site. I even hear some short female sound every time I open this site. It has never been like that before. I've been using PB for many years...

Font Insect Screenshot Emoticon Smiley

Thanks a bunch in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question. Is there an image host similar to Photobucket (PB for short). Most hosts will not let me assess their site whether it's for me or not without creating an account first.

What I need in web host is that
1) host little animated images like the one I have in my avatar on this site,
2) to have a quick access URL to the specific image depending on the need - Forum, e-mail, HTML. Direct , etc. (please see attached screenshot). This is what is convenient in PB.

I do use another web host Box.net, but it does not host animated images. It only hosts photographs and videos - YouTube, PPS etc. .
I have a lot of animated emotes and other images and I would like to switch to a good reliable image host.

So, I thought I'd ask you if you know such an image host that I need.
P.S. Photobucket has become totally unusable due to its constant freezing because of the TONS of advertisements that are running the site. I even hear some short female sound every time I open this site. It has never been like that before. I've been using PB for many years...

View attachment 246469
Thanks a bunch in advance.
Update: I removed that video advert from the Photobucket page with AdBlock Plus, as it was freezing the site, and it seems to be behaving better now (not freezing at least). However I would like to know the alternative to it. :)

#6 ·
If you please look at my original post I attached an image from Photobucket shows a choice of links to share for various purposes. Please look at the image and you will see... I use a "IMG" link that posts an embedded image into my post on Forum. There are also "direct", e-mail, HTML links. Sometimes I use HTML link .

#8 ·
Oh I see... OK.. Do you know which one of these links will post an embedded image?? I forgot what BB link is used for ... Can you tell me please?? There was not such on PB.
I am sorry asking so many questions.. I want to be sure it's what I want before I create an account.

Also, I have one more question... Is there an option to upload all the images from Photobucket into Imagebam at once, or do I have to upload one at a time???
Thank you for your help, Liz. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.