Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RE Need More Advise

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
I have a Toshiba Laptop that I purchased in 09/2008. The operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium. My last contact before now with Tech Support Guy by emails on this was on 03/18/2015 when I replied and stated "I will replace the CMOS Battery and then reply back to let you know if that handled the issues. Thanks." Since that time I have replaced this battery and also the Main Battery to my laptop. The CMOS Battery was welded in place and was not located under the keyboard. The CMOS and Main Battery are new and they are charged up. When I press and hold down the button to the power switch the computer does turn on but it does not boot up to my desktop. All I am getting is a blank screen with the sound of it on and running. I have attempted several times to turn it off and on. It does not want to boot up to desktop screen. Please advise me on what I may be able to do next to get my computer back up and running. Thanks

vic0914

#2 ·
The CMOS Battery was welded in place and was not located under the keyboard. The CMOS and Main Battery are new and they are charged up.
Has the PC worked since you took it apart ?
You may have damaged the motherboard
OR
you may not have reassembled the laptop correctly

Also take out the laptop main battery and boot with just the power adapter connected - see if that works

Next , with the main battery removed
remove the adapter - hold the power button down for 60 seconds
Put the power adapter back and try and boot

#3 ·
Has the PC worked since you took it apart ?
You may have damaged the motherboard
OR
you may not have reassembled the laptop correctly

Also take out the laptop main battery and boot with just the power adapter connected - see if that works

Next , with the main battery removed
remove the adapter - hold the power button down for 60 seconds
Put the power adapter back and try and boot
Laptop accessory Computer hardware Gadget Office equipment Laptop part

Can you tell if I have the White & Black VGA wires backwards. White on left and black on right, or are they backwards. Thank you.

#5 ·
sounds like you have not put the machine back together correctly - or damaged the motherboard

I dont know how the wires should be connected on that model laptop

Here are some stripdowns
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/

Also youtube has quote a few guides - you may see your model there and if you have connected something up incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.