Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook email recovery, need help.

837 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
Hello all. I need help recovering my emails from a hard drive. My windows 7 HP all in one desktop finally stopped working, turns on but only has a black screen. I removed the hard drive and connected it via usb adapter to my new Dell, windows 10 desktop. Old computer had Outlook 2007, new has Outlook 2016.
I was able to copy all my docs and pictures, but can't figure out how to locate any of my emails that I had saved in folders in my Outlook inbox. I searched the entire drive for PST files, but came up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm not a tech guy, so please dumb it down a little. Thanks.

#4 ·
how was the account setup - using imap or POP
if imap all the emails should still be on the email server and available

Also 2007 - you may need to look in the APPDATA

C:/user/appdata/local/microsoft/outlook
you need to change the file manager to show hidden files

#7 ·
WOW. That did it, i was able to find them after doing what you said, show hidden files. Thank you. I'm able to see the personal folders I was looking for while the old hard drive is connected by opening Outlook 2016, file-open and export-import/export-import from another program or file-outlook data file .pst-F:/user/appdata/local/microsoft/outlook. They're not accessible when I disconnect the drive. Is there a way to import them permanently?

#9 ·
Success! I was able to move each inbox folder individually from the old drive to the new inbox folder on the new computer. For some reason they wouldn't all import, just a few did. Thanks very much for your help, I definitely couldn't have done it without your input. Wish I could buy you a cold beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.