Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

863 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  I-RavenDove 
#1 ·
Im attempting to create a region in OpenSim which I have done dozens of times, but this time as I am using a fresh copy of opensim, I get that error, its explanation is this: an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the TSG forums!

Did you make sure that:
  • The fresh copy of OpenSim is allowed through the servers firewall?
  • A reboot has been made inbetween region creation attempts?
  • The ports specified for use are not occupied by anything else?
  • The TCP/IP stack has been restarted?*
  • You've tried to create a new region with antivirus software and/or firewall disabled? (Only do this if everything else fails!)
*Run CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator, type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" and hit ENTER to reset TCP/IP

#5 ·
Thank you for your help. At this point Im just too irritated to do anything more right now. Ive tried for 2 years off and on with Xfinity to get my ports opened to allow me to be able to use OpenSim. All for nothing. No one down there seems to know anything.
Thanks again.
Anita

Hi and welcome to the TSG forums!

Did you make sure that:
  • The fresh copy of OpenSim is allowed through the servers firewall?
  • A reboot has been made inbetween region creation attempts?
  • The ports specified for use are not occupied by anything else?
  • The TCP/IP stack has been restarted?*
  • You've tried to create a new region with antivirus software and/or firewall disabled? (Only do this if everything else fails!)
*Run CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator, type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" and hit ENTER to reset TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.