Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poblem with Nvydea diver

911 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  paulskeg 
#1 ·
I purchased a PC gaming Desk Top with Win 10 i5-4460 Gtx 960 nvydea graphics card on after loading files and games I updated Nvydia driver and afterwards screen kept going blank and afterwards recieved message that nvydea driver had stopped and had repaired itself. I contacted comp and they had it picked up for repair. I recieved it back today after they had replaced graphics card. After a short time the same problem as repeated itself. Anyone any ideas whats happening. I cant keep sending it back because its costing me for someone to re-install everytime as I am dissabled

#2 ·
This is turning into a nightmare. tower went back to ADMI ltd they replaced graphics card. it came back to me and same thing kept happening after some shut downs windows will say that there is a problem that is stopping it opening and will go through proceedure of repairing itself. Firm insists its a windows problem caused by adding such software as C-cleaner even though I have not run it. still unable to use PC

#3 ·
First of all, in order to help you, you need to post your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

Next [depending on what motherboard is installed] you can install some monitoring software to monitor temps and voltages.

#5 ·
OK, you are not reading the post. Post ALL of your exact specs. You left out the exact motherboard, the exact pw supply and the exact ram. As I said do not post "500w" pw supply or 8gig of ram; it tells us nothing. Post the exact brand and model# of your parts. If this is by chance a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact brand and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.

Have you tested your temps and voltages? If not, do so. This info is available in the bios OR some board mfgs have purpose designed monitoring software. I cannot recommend one since I have no idea what board you have installed.

If this is still under warranty, I would really consider sending it back and demanding a refund. The more you mess with it, the more likely to void your warranty.

#6 ·
Please forgive me if I have not given all information, that is mainly because I dont know where to find this info, the info I have given so far I got from windows system screen. I bought this PC through amazon from a manufacturer called ADMI or AWD-IT. On recieving PC and set up by local IT man graphics consistantly shut down with Message saying Nvydea driver as closed but has made a recovery. I returned PC and manufacturer changed the graphics driver on return I was getting the same fault on speaking to the firm they said that I had caused the problem by loading C Cleaner onto the PC, Since then I have done to clean loads of win 10, once with files left on and once completely clean but still the problem persists and according to tech support at firm I am to blame for loading Anti virus and CCleaner which I did in good faith. At this present time it lookjs like I am stuck with a faulty PC. I have very limited tech knowledge, I'm a pensioner that likes to play games and needs a running pc to run a community group that helps diabled and the elderly and I'm looking for help.

#7 ·
CCleaner can cause problems if you use the registry cleaner/fixer. If you just use it to delete junk files, it cannot cause problems.
Since you do not know what motherboard is installed, I would do the following;
1 Download and install hwmonitor; http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
2 Download and install speccy; https://www.piriform.com/speccy
3 With both of those installed and running, run something that will stress the system ie prime95 or IBT [both free downloads from numerous sites]
4 See what your temps and voltages are reading under 100% load. Post those here or just post a screenshot of both programs showing the relevant data.

Another option would be to boot the system using a linux live usb/dvd. Run some benchmarking and stress tests under linux. If it still reboots, locks up, etc under linux, it cannot be caused by ccleaner, AV, driver updates, or any other windows problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.