Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need help with network adapter

2K views 47 replies 2 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
my network adapter is not working right

#28 ·
I have found the network adapters in the device manager/action area but when I update them I still can't connect and I do have USB stick but I do not know what adapter I need or how to install it. I have the model of the laptop that does not connect. Can you help me PLEASE...

#32 ·
#35 ·
Of course the ones listed are not showing, if they were you probably wouldn't be having this problem.

Can you post a screenshot of device manager?

Download the drivers on the working computer, put them onto a USB stick, plug the USB stick into the laptop, run the downloaded drivers and they will go through the installation process.

#45 ·
Ok, so you have an Intel wireless card listed there. Is that one you forced to install? That laptop would not have come with an Intel wireless card from HP. Uninstall it by right clicking on it and reboot, if its the correct driver it should reinstall itself automatically. Post a new screenshot again.

#48 ·
You will have to go into the BIOS Setup at start up and see if there is an option there to reset the BIOS or if there is an option to enable/disable the network cards. F10 will get you into the setup utility when you first turn on your computer. Once there you have to use the arrow keys to navigate. Look for an option to enable/disable the network cards or if there isn't one then go to Exit and the select the option to Load Setup Defaults. Save and Exit. Once Windows restarts see if either card is back.

In Windows while in Device Manager try pressing the F12 key which should enable/disable the wireless antennas and see if that restores the wireless card.

If that doesn't help try reinstalling the HP Quick Launch software from the Software Solutions section: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...9/model/5111956#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.