Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Windows 10 computer turns off my games.

Solved 
3K views 41 replies 3 participants last post by  Dkenos 
#1 ·
I'm no longer sure what's doing it, but I would love an explanation of what's going on. About several weeks ago, my 650W power supply went and I bought an upgraded 750W from Sentey. Since then, my computer started to act up where I would receive a message from my Radeon settings that my AMD driver stopped working and restarted itself. This skip would happen during games, and pending on what game I was playing, would either cause the game to stop playing, or it would cause my whole computer to freeze. It would even do mild annoyance of causing web pages to crash as well at random or when I click a new page.

At first, I thought it might be that my graphics card (being four years old) was finally biting the bullet. So I just bought and installed a brand new Sapphire Nitro R9 390X BE with back-plate and triple fan dissipation. I plugged that thing in, and the graphics run smoother, and less heat from the card, but still having the same driver problems.

The next thing I did was remove the side panel all together, so that there would be more dispersion of heat buildup. this really helped the MB seeing as how my Mid tower only had one extra fan port and such and all the wires pretty much choked the insides. But even that won't stop it.

With some of the games, I get extra things that are weird when this happens. When I play FF-XIV Online, I get a message that says a Fatal Direct X error caused the crash. When I play Dragon Age:Inquisition, I get a message that says dxgi_error_device_hung. I have gone into the drivers game settings and have set them to default settings again and again but none of that helps. Everyone has me convinced that the problem lies with Windows 10, and if so, I don't know how to work with that since it was my friends copy. Along with the pasted sysinfo, I'm uploading my DxDiag as well. I don't know much about the stuff, but I think that the RAM count might be wrong. I have four 8GB cards in my tower which should be 32 GB or 32,000MB right? or is that something else entirely? either way, don't care anymore, just want to find out what's wrong with my baby before the constant banging of my head on the wall leaves a hole.

Please someone help!!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16284 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953366 MB, Free - 278576 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 LE R2.0
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Thanks. hey are now up to date, but I can't really uninstall razer surround. The disc drive for the headphones I'm using kept saying it didn't work with my computer, and when I tried to download the drivers from the company website, I ended up on a page in japanese.

As far as hardware, I keep wondering if there was any damage to my components that could have happened when my old 650W PSU blew. I do still some webpages that come up with that stupid "Oh snap" thing showing the dead looking folder. This doesn't just happen when I go to the page either. It could happen during my time on the page, even if it's been up for like 4-15 minutes. I initially wondered if one of my 8 GB RAM sticks might be damaged, but I have no way of testing them.

#31 ·
There is an easy way to test RAM, use Memtest86+: http://www.memtest.org/

There could be damage to the other hardware for sure, but no real way to test the motherboard or GPU.

I'd still lean toward trying another power supply, if you plan on using that second GPU then you'll need a better power supply anyways.

Razer surround software if that's what you are using: http://drivers.razersupport.com//in...iewdownload&downloaditemid=1392&nav=0,343,366

It's not uncommon for Razer software/drivers to cause issues. Does it even work with those USB headphones?

#32 ·
Not sure how to use memtest for my windows 81., but I'm willing to try it. I doubt it's the GPU since, as I said before, I bought a brand new one and the issues are happening less since I restarted my computer on 8.1 pro. Razer surround was checked and is up to date, and it's part of my Razer Synapse since I also use a Razer Anansi Keyboard and a Naga Epic mouse.

#34 ·
Thanks, but agian, the instructions are a bit out of my depth. I ran the Windows version a while ago and found nothing. I will run another one tonight, and hopefully, find something of value. The last idea I could have is that this could also be my friends Windows software. Because he owns a computer company, he has all the windows ISO's from XP to 10 as well as this subscription with the company that allows him to give out key-codes and such. He insisted on using his 8.1 pro instead of the one I had so I installed it.

#36 ·
Update: I have now confirmed that this may be a hardware problem, however, this problem only occours whn I use a computer with high graphic settings. The question is if it's the motherboard itself bing damaged or the ram. I want to remove all my RAM chips and see what happens, but I keep hearing different things such as it won't run, or it will but I won't be able to see anything. any truth to this?

#38 ·
Thanks. Further update: I removed all my RAM cards but one (basically running on 8 GB). So far, no problems from before so I am to assume that one or more of the RAM sticks broke when my power supply blew. Easily replaceable. However, now when I play ESO, I am having some weird shadow clipping effect. Mainly it's just showing this square of shadow pixels flashing in and out of existence around my character and NPC's. Wondering if this is the lack of RAM or another clue as to the real cause. Feel as if I'm getting close so thoughts?

#42 ·
Update: Since last post, purchased 2 new 8GB RAM sticks, and rolled the dice on two of my old ones. Got lucky and picked ones that weren't damaged. Computer works fine now and no more issues regarding driver or web browser crashes. This does however, convince me to buy another pair of sticks to keep as spares in case something like this appens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.