Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant enable disk write caching on usb flash drive

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I want to use ready boost with my win 7 laptop using my 16gb usb flash drive.
But i thought i should enable write-caching first. When i went to policies tab under properties i found two checkboxes i clicked both and then ok .
I got an error "windows could not change the write-caching setting for this device. Your device might not support this feature or changing the setting. " plz guys tell me how to enable it. I have only 2gb ram and an i3 processor with ati radeon 6700m graphics card

Waiting for quick Responses,
Thanka in advance

#2 ·
Adding more RAM will be the best way to improve your computer, 2GB is simply not enough for a modern system and Ready Boost won't give you near the same results.

From what I recall, the write-caching option isn't required by Ready Boost and ignored. So it being off should make no difference.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for replys but can anybody tell me how to use ready boost on a formatted flash drive. I am just a 12 year child i dont have sufficient funds for a ram and my parents will refuse. Actually i have read that the more you increase the slider of ready boost the more ram will be added
And i dont need my flash drive always so i have increased it to 4094mb (max). 4gb space is occupied but i dont know what to do after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.