Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

indows 8.1 installation error - Blue Screen Error

Solved 
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DataBase 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'll begin by giving a brief background on whats going on. I have a Dell Inspiron 660s - Its a few years old. My hard drive was failing so I had to replace it. I replaced the hard drive and re-installed the original OS media (Windows 8). After I was finally up and running I downloaded some drivers from dell and did some windows updates. The goal was to try and get my PC back to or at least close to what I had before the hard drive failed. I had windows 10 before the hard drive failure. In order to get windows 10 back I had to download Windows 8.1. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I had to restart and allow the download to finish. I get upto 82% and it stops there for a long time and then eventually goes to a blue screen error stating the problem is a Bad_Pool_Caller. After the bluescreen dissappears it restores back to Windows 8. Another message appears when I get to the desktop stating Windows 8.1 installation unsuccessful error code 0xC1900101 - 0X30018. I would appreciate your help as I am stumped by what the issue is. Thanks.

#2 ·
I would recommend using the windows media creation tool to create a bootable windows 10 installation disk and upgrade with that. There are so many issues with upgrading to 10, iv had a few machines coming with failed upgrades but most of the time if I use a DVD it will work without fault.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Some things to take into consideration before upgrading

1) Ensure you have all Windows updates installed for your current OS
2) Disconnect any devices such as USB hard drives etc

Try this approach if it doesn't help please come back with results and we'll try to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.