Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo Flex 4 1470

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  alicez 
#1 · (Edited)
I've seen a few times where I have not used my Lenovo for a several minutes it will go into "sleep mode" and I have to hit the power button to open it again. But it is asking me to sign in. I have to turn it off by holding the power button and then turn it back on. And then it will start showing my normal desktop. How can I stop that "sign in" from showing? I never created a password and didn't think I need to do that.
Can anyone help?

In Sign In Options it has "Password.... Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can use the other sign-in options."
Whatever that means???? I never created a password and don't understand why it is asking me to "Sign In" when I turn in on from the Sleep mode.

(Win10/64 bit)

#4 ·
control panel/power options/select your current power profile/change advanced power options/change settings that are currently unavailable/select require a password on wake upo & change it to no. press ok a few times and you won't get that problem.
On the first edit power plans screen you can set a longer time to put computer to sleep if you want to.

#5 · (Edited)
It has:

Control Panel
Require password on wakeup
Choose what the power button does
Choose what closing the lid does
Create power plan
Choose when to turn off the display
Change when the computer sleeps

I just do NOT want any screen to ask me for a password because at my age I would forget or not remember what should be input. I don't want to have to sign-in or use a password any place. Hope you can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.