Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats the Cheapest, Legit Product Key I Can Get?

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I plan to install either win 7, or 8 or 10 on a new PC I built. I was told I can download either of these o/s's from a digital river mirror (link below) and then buy a product key. Then I plan to upgrade to 10. What's the cheapest but legitamite key that I can buy for retail home edition?

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net

#3 ·
Hey Metallica. Good seeing again man! I visited the link but I didn't try to download any ISOs. They're not in biz anymore? I didn't I know this.

I really dont know what to do. I want to buy a cheap win product key so I can upgrade to win 10. I want retail, home edition. But I can't find the cheapest product keys out there. And I don't want to go buy from eBay considering the warnings about possible scams from it.

#7 · (Edited)
If you want to conform to Microsoft's license agreements you need a Retail copy. Since new sales of these were stopped some time ago except for Windows 10 it will be considerably cheaper to buy Windows 10 (if you can even find an older Retail Windows), and forego the pleasure of "upgrading" from an older OS.

EDIT: I think I spoke to quickly. Check out OEM System Builder's Windows 8.1. I think the restriction that they are only for new systems built to be sold was lifted for Windows 8.1 and 8.

EDIT 2: I'm wrong again. The clause to use OEM System Builder's license for "personal use" only applies to Windows 8. See this article.

#8 ·
EDIT: I think I spoke to quickly. Check out OEM System Builder's Windows 8.1. I think the restriction that they are only for new systems built to be sold was lifted for Windows 8.1 and 8.

EDIT 2: I'm wrong again. The clause to use OEM System Builder's license for "personal use" only applies to Windows 8. See this article.
I dont want an OEM. I want a retail version. There are a few win 7 and 8 product keys selling on ebay with money back guarentees. What do you think of that?

#15 · (Edited)
You can download a Windows 7 ISO file from Microsoft so you can create a bootable Windows 7 disc, but you first need to enter a legitimate "Retail" product key.
Without that "Retail" key, Microsoft won't allow you to download the file.

This is what happens if you enter a legitimate "OEM" key.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

(click image to enlarge and view it)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.