Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for Adobe Reader 9

902 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hello again. I use Adobe Reader to display and read my sheet music, using Power Point. It's a little labaorious setting it up but it's free. lol. I was using Adobe Reader 9, ubfortunately, my Laptop 'gave up the ghost' I now have a new(ish) Laptop with the latest Adobe Reader, which I do not like,
The question is, does anyone know where I can download version 9? I would be very grateful for help.
Regards jud

#3 ·
Aside from basic operation, the new version is patched for security issues. If you NEVER download/open files from the internet, then you will likely be fine. Otherwise, I would keep the newest version. Adobe is notorious for having huge security issues even with the current versions.

#4 ·
Jim is right, basic operation of viewing PDF's really shouldn't be that different even though the menus are bit different and using older versions opens you up to security issues. Also versions 10, 9, and older are not longer updated or compatible with Windows 10 if that's what you have installed. Only versions 11 and DC are being maintained at the moment. I'd give DC a chance.

#5 ·
Jim and Rob, I bow to your experience...I will stick with 11 at the moment...The issue I have with it, is in my music sheet display..As my attachment shows I have more info. in the the diplay than what I would like..Is there any way I can get rid of all, or if not all, some of them, to leave as much of the sheet as possibe??

Regards. jud

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.