Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Micron ssd cards

Solved 
778 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
I have just bought a Dell micron 3050 desk top. My problem is that it comes with a 32gb ssd drive so I am trying to clone windows 10 and move it onto a 128gb ssd drive. Right now my C drive has 8.94gb free of 28.7gb so I have 19.76gb of used space. I have an external hard drive ( which holds 1 terabyte) plus usb drive ( which hold 32gb ) and a dvd optical drive ( which only holds 4.7GB), all hooked up to the new pc. I have Macrium Reflect on my external drive. I partitioned off a section of my external drive and cloned C to it. Although all I see showing is a System Volume Information file (58kb).

I know you hit F2 and take the pc out of Secure mode and go into Legacy mode hit F10 to exit and save. next hit F12. Then you can see the Legacy Boot and the UEFI Boot choices. I went to usb boot and hit the button and this message came up "Selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system."
I can't clone it to a disk because they only hold 4.7gb. I am stuck !! Any ideas?
( Side note besides this aggravation this week a tree fell thru the roof of my porch, the water drain system in my home plugged up and I've ran out of Xanax:censored:

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry I was slow to respond but seems my isp crashed for two days. Anyways I made a image on my usb drive then put in the new ssd card and booted it up to this message:
checking media presence...
media present...
start pxe over IPv4.
which then changed to
start pxe over IPv6.
After a time the screen changed to this message:
then f12 and got this
an operating system wasn't found. try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
Now am going to try to do it over again this time make an image on my external drive, for some reason I remember reading something about problems with ssd's and trying to transfer OS using a usb.

#7 ·
Yes Finally I have the new 128ssd working. Thank you for your help. Hopefully no one has to ask me how to do it because with all the stumbling and bumbling around I did. I am not 100% sure of what all I did end up doing lol. But I have to be a bit proud considering I am 73 yrs old and still able to learn. Again thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.