Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgraded WIN7 to WIN10:will a Reformat return WIN7 or WIN10?

Solved 
1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sharky 
#1 ·
Upgraded WIN7 to WIN10:will a Reformat return WIN7 or WIN10?

I am still not sure if i like WIN10.

#2 · (Edited)
Is that a factory-brand or self-built computer that originally came with Windows 7?

If it's been less than 30 days since you upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, you should still have the ability to go back to Windows 7.
If it's been more than 30 days, Microsoft removes that option.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
You didn't describe that computer, but you appear to have a few days to make a decision.

Some people have had a problem with reverting back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, so there is a risk.

If you decide to go back to Windows 7, you no longer have the option to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

#7 ·
My fault, should have done this in the opening post.
[ Also, I may have misused the word format]

The photo attached is from my computer.

I understand the "go back to Windows 7" option will end in a couple of days[in my case]

The "Reset this PC" option [ i have done many times over the past 16 years on many computers] , after the Reset is done, WIN 10? will be the Windows 10 OS when the reset is complete?
[asus off the shelf computer]
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

#8 ·
Resetting the computer will revert it back to its original factory condition with the Windows version that came in it.
If it came with Windows 7, then that's the Windows version that will be reinstalled.
And depending on how old the computer is, Windows 7 and your programs will be in an outdated condition.
Unless you need to or want to take that step, going back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 is the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.