Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My computer becomes slow after a while

2K views 41 replies 4 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
First of all - I really didn't know where should I post this, so please move the thread to it's appropriate place.
Second - I'm not an english speaker, don't mind mistakes

Basically, I'm having troubles and I'm going to go in detail:

My pc is:
HP Flyer Res 15.6" 15-R132WM Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz 2.16GHz
RAM: 4,00Gb (3,89Gb usable)
System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

After I got it, it overheated in a month and they changed the motherboard. I believe they changed it to some cheap chinese one, because for some reason before the change my HDMI port worked, now pc doesn't even recognize it. Apart that, no technical changes were made.
I also use a cooling pad.

Here goes my problem:
Since the computer stinks, I practically don't even use it much. I have one game installed (The Sims 4, which I play on lowest settings) and from time to time I temporary install an easy to-pass-time game. I also have photoshop. Besides those two I have installed chrome, skype, utorrent and 360 security. That's it. Those are all the programs. With a 500Gb hard drive trust me, the computer deff doesn't lack memory.
Let me go back a month, when the problem began. Basically, for no tracable reason, my computer started doing things and disrespecting me - deleting a 12Kb file would take a minute or two, to empty a recycle bin with 1 file would take 3 minutes, to open up chrome it takes about 2 minutes - ANY TASK I DO TAKES FOREVER. I was concerned. Deleted all the games that were on the computer, deleted all personal files, defraged my disks (even tho that's set up to do automatically), checked for viruses, updated drivers - nothing helped. So, I figured that maybe it's time to do my first reset (after owning the computer for more than a year the only "reset" type of thing I did, was update to Windows 10).
So I'm doing the reset, everything goes dandy and swell, until it hits me up with an error and after that it was ogre. I couldn't try again, couldn't boot to desktop. I had to get a windows boot cd or usb. And I did. Finally I have reseted my computer.
Happiness, joy, harmony. My pc works fast, everything is well. Now I'm being extra careful - installed only those programs mentioned, because these are the things I use regullary. With The Sims game, I stopped downloading mods and if I did, I double checked how does everything work and is everything ok.
Everything went good for a while.
And now it started again - The Sims 4 is unplayable, slow. To delete a small file it takes 2 minutes. To open chrome it takes 4 minutes. Honey, I'm not even going to speak about skype cause that one is just annoying. Boot up time went from 23 seconds to 1 minute and 45 seconds. To "refresh" the empty desktop takes more than a minute!

What is going on?? Why is this happening? I'm guessing it's a problem with my system, but what exact problem could this be? I'm dying here!

(P.S. Already began saving money for a new PC, which I should get around winter, but I still have to deal with this one)

Please help!
Thanks ❤

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.