Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any opinions of Bitdefender?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  askey127 
#1 ·
I have read good reviews of Bitdefender, but when I went to look at their site it seemed like they want to charge separately for firewall and for anti-spyware/adware. Is that normal? I was hoping it would all be in one wrapper.

At present my procedure is every two or three weeks to do the following:
1. Update and run CCleaner (free version).
2. Run Spybot S&D - update, immunize, then scan.
3. Run Malwarebytes (free version) - update and then scan.
4. Run Windows Update to make sure I have the latest important stuff just in case MS has sumthin useful.
5. Reboot.

For firewall I rely on my Comcast modem/router's built-in functionality, which maybe I shouldn't do, but it's nice using these free utilities bcuz of not having to buy it again every year.

Any thoughts would be appreciated because I may replace my old pc soon. It's a dual core 2.33 ghz with Win7 from 2009.

#2 ·
It's a dual core 2.33 ghz with Win7 from 2009.
I'm guessing your computer has an Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz processor and uses DDR2 RAM.
You didn't describe your computer or say how much RAM it has or if it's running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit.

I prefer an antivirus program that's light-weight and user-friendly, so I use Microsoft Security Essentials.
I use Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware (all free) every 7 - 14 days to search for and remove any threats.
This has worked well for me in my Windows 7 computers and in the ones that I service.

I've never used BitDefender, so I can't comment on how well it works and if it has any issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
I have used Bit defender free on my laptop for about a year, not many options but has caught a few things. Very light.

#6 ·
I used Bitdefender (paid) for a while several years ago, but decided it was difficult to use.
It had its own list of permitted and blocked websites.
The company did change some of the blocked items upon request.
When I decided to Uninstall Bitdefender to install a different AV, the system subsequently would not boot.
Fortunately, I had a saved image of the system, so I was able put it back (Bitdefender still running).
Tried the Uninstall three times, same result. Had to restore the Image each time.
The Company was unable to help with such a disastrous result. Support was unacceptable.
I ended up saving what I needed, reformatting and re-installing Windows from scratch, along with a new AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.