Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing works except the internet,no icons, no start, no sea

549 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  storage_man 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm running Windows 10 Home, Build 10586, 32bit x64 based PC. Physical memory 4,095 MB, available memory 2,835 MB.
My computer froze during a system restore* and I had to use a 4 sec. shut down, restart...after that the only thing that worked was my internet and the address space on my task bar. I can bring up the command prompt from the address space, but have no way to elevate it to admin. priv. When I restart it, it takes forever to boot and then I get the message, windows\system32\systemProfile\Desktop has moved, isn't plugged in, or was deleted. When I try to download any fixes from the internet, I get the message, The dependency service or group has failed to start. The start menu and the search do not work, my icons are gone (except for recycle bin), the task bar is dead except for the address space and volume control. If there were some way to open cmd and then once it's open ....elevate the privileges, that would allow me to scan the files etc.!!! Is there any way to do that? cmd prompt opens with, :\windows\system32>. but it's not elevated!
Any help would be so much appreciated. Microsoft wants $99.00 to address this problem for me...sigh! Thank you so much for your time, thoughts and opinions.
Fondly,
cberystoga

*I installed updates and then was messing with the services and decided that I shouldn't do that and opted to use system restore to get things back to my normal.

See less See more
#3 ·
Can you get into setting ? If you can select "Update & Security" -> "Recovery" -> "Reset this PC". Hopefully that will fix your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.