Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WMP Woes

Solved 
779 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  jimpolk 
#1 ·
My windows media player has never worked completely right. I have problems that appear at random. I even get a corrupt files notice at times. I tried syncing a cd to my phone today and it refused...
I'd like to completely renew the whole program but in searching for the correct file I come up short. I need help with this apparently...
Or is there a test that analyzes the program to pinpoint where problems are
Thanks for the help!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 805 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907122 MB, Free - 1398631 MB; D: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 478638 MB;
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group, N68S3B
Antivirus: None

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm confused. Microsoft is telling me that wmp will not work in win7 64 bit. But I have wmp on my system. It works but there are a few quirks such as running slow and temporary freezes.
I tried the fix and it took me to a Microsoft page with a list of fixes which did not have a fix for wmp. I tried the reinstall above and get the above info and it sends me to another page that gives me the option of downloads for xp ad xp64.
I'm wondering if the one for xp64 would work.
This is very confusing that there is not a version for my os. Trying to figure out what to do is a quagmire.

#7 ·
The FixIt links are for specific problems. There are several at the bottom of the list for WMP.

If you are getting several different errors, it's likely not a WMP issue. The corrupt file message, for example, means the file cannot be read (that is not a WMP specific error). WMP plays files, if it can't read the file, then it can't play it, so at that point you aren't even using WMP yet.

I don't use WMP, and I wasn't aware that you could "sync" WMP to your phone. There is nothing to "sync" in regards to the player itself, but it's likely possible to sync a file list or play list.

The reinstall process sets WMP back to default (ie: freshly installed configuration). So you may need to track each error with as much information as possible, and investigate each individual issue.

#8 ·
Oh yea I have synced a bunch of full albums to my phone lately. Probably ten or more this morning. I collected a bunch of music years ago on cd. I'm ripping them to my pc then changing tags. Then I sync it to my phone. It takes very little time at all.
Through all the research and trials I think that I am going to put up with my wmp. It's quirky but if I have patients it will work for me. Beats all the hassle. Besides Microsoft says it shouldn't work in 764 at all. I got a feeling this may have something to do with it.

#9 ·
I don't know what you are reading, but WMP is installed and supported in Win7+

That is obvious by how you had to "uninstall" and "reinstall" it. If it was a standalone program it would be located in the main Add and Remove Programs, but it's located in the "Windows Features" section (which includes all of the software installed/available with the OS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.