Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Restore deleted default user account pics

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
Greetings, I am trying to have a clean welcome screen (if possible) w/o username and or pic (avatar and frame) in attempting to do this the default user account pics were deleted (the folders are there, but they're empty) Example: c:/users>public> account pictures>(long#)> empty folder. Any advise is appreciated, Thnx :)

#3 ·
Your pictures and data were not likely in the "Public" user folder unless your screwed something up beforehand and moved them there, they would normally be in the user account that you created when you first got the computer, did you check other folders in the "Users" folder? You can also restore them from your backup, you have one correct? I don't know of any operating system that doesn't require using an account, not sure why you trying to do what you're doing.

#5 ·
To DaveA, had it this way in w7 wanted it in w10,
To Triple6,that was just an example. What was "screwed up" was w10 anniversary update.
To both of you I don't want to delete or change the account I know it's needed.( Or so I'm told.) I just want a "clean" welcome screen. Thnx

#6 ·
What does "clean" welcome screen mean? All it has is a spot to put in a password, do you not want to use a password?

No Windows updates move your data to the Public folder, that folder is always there and is used as a shared folder for any account on the PC but by default nothing gets saved there but into your specific folder.

#7 ·
I'll make this as simple as possible so you will understand OK good , now "CLEAN" means nothing on the welcome screen but the background(wallpaper) you still with me? Yes, very good , now for the second part no body said anything was moved where do you see that?

#8 ·
Can you remember what you did in Windows 7 to get this "clean" Welcome screen? My memory is that the Windows 7 Welcome screen always included at least one Account name, a 'Power' icon and an icon to get to Ease of Access Center.

#9 ·
Greetings TerryNet, actually it was a logon background changer and one of the perks was it removed the account pic(I had auto logon so there was no password). Unfortunatly there is no logon background changer for w10. (I tried the w7 one but it doesn't work in w10) Thnx :cool:

#14 ·
You stated above
actually it was a logon background changer and one of the perks was it removed the account pic
A link to this program my also help us?

Well, it looks to me that you need to contact the supplier of this third party program and see if and when they will be supporting Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.