Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloaded Windows 10 Touchpad Problems Please Help

971 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Xsage 
#1 ·
Okay so I bought a laptop that came with windows 10 and a lot more features but, I enjoy playing games on occasion and a problem has occurred where the touchpad won't move while I type and many gamers will understand this is a problem because many in many games you must move your cursor and type. So I watched videos non stop and looked up the solution. I tried roll backing and updating the driver and nothings worked. Now before you say well did you CONTROL PANEL > MOUSE > DEVICE SETTINGS > SETTINGS > SMARTSENSE > TURN IT OFF Then go to MOUSE AND TOUCHPAD SETTINGS > TOUCHPAD > NO DELAY (ALWAYS) Yes I did and still the some problem happens and i'm more of a visual easy solution learner so when the solution comes to "typing codes and enabling it" or using programs. So I fixed it one day and then 2 days later it stops working again and I thought maybe I'll go back to working and then I can play again but it hasn't and I cant do anything about it.

LAPTOP DETAILS: hp.com/go/15hp82

#2 ·
First things first, why are you using a touch pad to play games? I'd highly recommend investing in a mouse.

However judging aside, a quick google search turned up this:

1. Control Panel
2. Hardware and sound
3. Mouse (mine was under devices and printers)
4. Click on synaptics Clickpad (or whatevers in the white box)
5. Go to settings below and to the right of the white box
6. Go to the advanced tab
7. Turn down palm tracking to minimum

Hope this helps!

#3 ·
Yeah I Know A Mouse Is Better, sadly im in no position for getting a desk to use a mouse for im only 16 :( and I have to share a room so Kinda stuck with a touchpad as my only option but practice makes perfect using it :D

"CONTROL PANEL > MOUSE > DEVICE SETTINGS > SETTINGS > SMARTSENSE > TURN IT OFF Then go to MOUSE AND TOUCHPAD SETTINGS > TOUCHPAD > NO DELAY (ALWAYS)"

I already stated I have tried this but I still have the same problem occurring!

#4 ·
I'm not sure that what you are describing is quite the same as what I posted, please check this YouTube video for visual confirmation on the instructions:

Let me know how it works out for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.