Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to set up a cloud camera

750 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I'm trying to set up a could camera and my router settings doesn't allow it.
My router- Huawei HG531 V1
The cloud camera- D-Link DCS-930L
Why am I sure that its a router problem? Because I ran the same setup after connecting the camera and my PC to an old D-link DIR -300. The DIR -300 is NOT a modem and its antenna has been lost.
It would be really great if someone could get me a solution.
Thanks in advance :)

#3 ·
I think it has something to do with enabling some"UDP" setting. It was mentioned in a troubleshooting guide to make sure that UDP is allowed in the router firewall, and many did not elaborate on the matter. I suppose my router has different port mapping interface from the others. It had a custom tab and an automatic tab. The automatic tab selected the all the ports for this newbie and i tried every option in it to detect the camera from the software. I tried searching for ways to disable my router firewall( would that be dangerous?) but it looked too complex to me.

#4 ·
I looked through an online manual and couldn't find anything helpful.

If you can disable the router's firewall for a test that would be a good thing. I wouldn't advise keeping it disabled, but the test would tell you whether to pursue firewall options or to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.