Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloaded doc unreadable in Adobe Reader DC

3K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I regularly download documents in Adobe Reader DC, when they are on the screen they are unreadable. When I print them out, they are fine, but are difficult to read on the screen. I checked and the Reader font is Segoe UI. Nothing has changed my computer. Win 10, 64 bit

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

See less See more
#6 ·
Unfortunately, I have checked all these links and forums and have been all over Google. I have tried what the links offer, but it is still not working. Nothing seems to be helping. I had been running reports just fine and it seems like all of a sudden the next one downloaded with an alien font that is very difficult to read. Any other ideas?

#9 ·
Where do you d/l these from? Is it possible that whomever is uploading them on the other end made some changes?

#12 ·
Does it happen with all your pdf files or only this one?
Ask the person that's creating it to make sure that the fonts he uses are embedded in the document, that's one of the many options you can set when you create a new document

#13 ·
also, have you cleared cookies and cache? I quit using CCleaner due to it's registry issues, but you still should check your temp files. Start > run > %temp% > enter. Delete everything in that folder.

#14 ·
have you tried it in other browsers?
It works in IE which I HATE! I know it is a strong word, but I don't like it and don't want to have 2 browsers (Chrome) open with several windows open to work from.

I don't have any issues with CCleaner. There was nothing in the temp file but a few that I deleted. Still doesn't work. I clear the cache a few times a day when I am on the internet a lot. There must be an easy answer to get this to work. Is there something in Chrome I can check? a font? etc.?

#17 ·
Try firefox; that is the browser I use as I cant stand the way Chrome hogs resources.
I have figured out that the problem seems to be with Chrome and not Adobe, at least that is what I think. The downloaded docs are fine in IE, but for some reason, all of a sudden they are messed up in Chrome. I have check the settings, but not sure what I am looking for. I don't want to have to use 2 different browsers while working and prefer Chrome. Any ideas on this ?

#20 ·
off-topic a bit (I've already done what I can, and if FF works, so be it).....but why the loyalty to Chrome? You certainly aren't in the minority, just wondering why. Outside of IE, which I have to use for work, I would put Chrome as easily my least favorite.

That said, again, I'm definitely in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.