Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethernet Connection not working

959 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Fireflycph 
#1 ·
I was playing overwatch and suddenly I get disconnected and i couldnt reconnect so i decided to restart my computer and ever since the connection to my router from my computer completely doesnt work, I use a PoE kit and it is not a problem with the PoE kit, Ethernet cable or my port, i tried uninstalling the drivers and updating them but nothing seems to work for some reason and Windows troubleshooter cannot identify a problem, if someone could help me with this issue that would be great

My Specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16325 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 227919 MB, Free - 52510 MB; D: Total - 953739 MB, Free - 470822 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-K
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled

#4 ·
I'm not familiar with a PoE kit, so I requested your thread be moved from the "Windows 10" section to the "Networking" section.
Be patient and wait for one of the networking experts there to reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
First you should check that it's not a cable gone bad. Try a different one, if you have one. If not? Then make sure that the lights are on by the network connector on the machine and also on the router.

Can you restore to a time when the system was working.

Make sure that your adapter is set for Automatic IP address and Automatic DNS. Unless, of course, you're using a static IP? If you do then write all entries down. Address, Subnet, Default Gateway and DNS server(S).

Reset the IP stack and then manually enter the correct information.

Click HERE for a link showing you how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.