Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How Do I Select a Power Option?

Solved 
924 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davehc 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm not sure if it has to do with the "upgrade," but now my task bar is along the right edge of my PC. (This is annoying because, when I scroll along the bar on any given site, my finger on the touchpad will sometimes stray off the bar and inadvertently hit one of the applications, which I then have to close: who designed this? But, c'est la Microsoft.)

When the task bar ran across the bottom, there was an area at the far left where I could chose my power options for my PC: sleep, restart, update and restart, or shut down. It was great to have that restart button if a program froze (or required it) but it's gone! My only options (apparently to me) are to 1. close the laptop, or 2. press the on/off button.

Am I missing something? I sure hope so... I want my old bottom-of-the-screen taskbar back. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I can only tell you what to do if it were Windows 8.1. Right click an empty spot on the taskbar - Properties - Taskbar tab - choose a "Taskbar location on screen" value (Bottom). Perhaps that hasn't been removed from or hidden in Windows 10.

A previous method in Windows was to "grab" the taskbar and with a circular motion drag it to another edge.

#5 ·
As Davea says
Just click and hold the mouse button on the right side task bar and drag it clockwise to the bottom - back to normal!
You can also select the off/restart etc options by right clicking the start orb. There you will se the
"Shut down or sign out" options. Click it and you have the usual menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.