Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

accounting software will not send email

968 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I am running windows 10 on a hp computer. I have Quicken and something called myinvoices. when I try to send invoices from either program I get this:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (riverkids) account.

Subject 'Invoice # 1004 Sold To: Peter Sweeny '
Server Error: 3219
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

This seems like the most basic thing to be able to do and yet both programs are having the same issue and I can not find anything in help to guide me. I had a computer guy get it to work by installing windows live mail, but I hear that is no longer working and either is my ability to send emails. I have Outlook and would like to use that.
I would be willing to use windows 10 Mail. whatever works.
Myinvoices is now tied to live mail and and I would like to change that, but can not figure that out either

#2 ·
I believe your problem is related to the fact you weren't using an email client but were instead using webmail. You could use Outlook, but Outlook can open other problems that take to long to explain. I realize some may think this a personal bias, but when things go haywire, the fix can be time consuming and expensive. I would instead print the invoice to PDF and send as an attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I believe your problem is related to the fact you weren't using an email client but were instead using webmail. You could use Outlook, but Outlook can open other problems that take to long to explain. I realize some may think this a personal bias, but when things go haywire, the fix can be time consuming and expensive. I would instead print the invoice to PDF and send as an attachment.

I would really like to send right from my program. any ideas how to set up a email client? I did try try the print to PDF but I don't know where it goes once I push print... some hidden file? should I use pdf complete or pdf 995?

#4 ·
When you press print, you'll see a dialog box where you can choose where to save it. Outlook the program included with Office would be an example of an email client. Thunderbird would be another. Sorry I can't be of more help. Im better at setting these things up than describing how.

#5 ·
In Hotmail, click Options, and then click More options.

Under Managing your account, click Account details.

You may be asked to provide your password.

Under Other options, click Connect with HTTPS.

You can change the default to outlook providing you have your hotmail account in there as your default. Click on the Windows icon and start typing default programs and you should see the default programs and associations. Click on that and then you should be able to change the email client to outlook.

Please forgive spelling and misworded errors. My phone likes to autocorrect a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.