Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black screen

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I am desperate need of some help i think my laptop is dead first of all let me explain 4 days ago everything was 100% ok when i boot up windows 7 i get the 4 colour logo the after about 30 seconds this goes of and then nothing the screen stays black i even left it on for an hour i am very surprised as i have sent this in safe mode with networking i have looked on youtube tried the battery removal thing ran a norton full scan updated my drivers checked for updates i need some help tried an external monitor but dont have a cable but if i can get a screen working in safe mode ran the laptop with and without the battery still no luck i am tinking of taking it for repair or just putting it in the bin thanks anyway

#5 ·
Do you see anything on the screen at any time?

If the answer to that is NO, then I suspect your video chip has died if you see nothing - ever.
Unfortunately, in a laptop, this can't be repaired because the video chip is soldered to the motherboard.

#10 ·
Did you look to see what the date and version of the video driver was?
In normal mode the driver is loaded and you get a black screen. In safe mode, a generic driver is loaded and you can see. Install a different display driver.

Since you failed to mention the brand and model of laptop, I can't point you to the correct website.

Note: updated my drivers this is NOT the thing to do. If a computer is operating without a problem, don't update drivers. Never trust MS to offer you the correct driver. You go the manufacturer of your laptop and get the correct driver there.

#11 ·
cheers again for the help well i tried one more thing sfc:scannow when finished it said all ok so just by pure chance i tried a boot in normal mode and i think i have made progress i now have the mouse icon on the screen and w7 boots it takes 20 minutes thats the good news the bad news is when booted i have no icons on the screen trying to open anything eg task manager takes 4-5 min to open and it then says i have the incorrect password and user name very strange well i am taking this laptop to pc world sunday to get it looked at thx again

#14 ·
first of all let me say a massive sorry for taking so long to reply i always send a reply in 48 hours ok i have not had a laptop for 10 days it was not a black screen problem which i thought it was the operating system was corrupt and had to take it to pc world for a factory reset and i lost 80% of all my files and slowly getting them back been without a laptop foe 10 days wow i missed it lol anyway thx for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.