Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Dell Latitude E6420 can't start windows and can't repair itself

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
It's stuck in this infuriating startup limbo and I have tried Startup Repair, and as you can see, even the computer itself has no idea what's wrong with it. I googled my issue and a suggestion was to try a System Recovery, but when it was about to finish doing its thing, I was told it couldn't complete it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If a repair of Windows 7 didn't work, you most likely will need to reinstall Windows 7.

What's the "service tag" number and "express service code" on that Dell Latitude E6420 laptop?

Did it come with a Windows 7 reinstall disc?
Does it have an intact factory restore/system recovery partition?

-------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Service Tag: H2TCBS1
Express Service Code: 37175516065
According to that service tag number and express service code number, you have THIS Dell Latitude E6420 laptop.
It shipped in February 2012 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.
A factory restore disc kit didn't come with it, so it should've come with a built-in factory restore partition.
If you go HERE, then enter the service tag number, then enter the verification code, then click "Check availability", you should be able to download the 3.21 GB-size Windows 7 Professional 32-bit reinstall file so you can create a bootable install disc.
If that doesn't work, you can also go HERE to purchase the factory restore disc kit.
Font Screenshot Parallel Technology Electric blue

--------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
as it's a dell laptop, you can also do the diagnostic boot to help determine the issue. With the machine off, press and hold the fn key and then power it up. Follow the prompts to the diag boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.