Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help buying a nice all-in-one printer!!!!

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Well,the title says it all.I' am looking for a nice all-in-one printer in the budget range of 5-7 k[Rupees,I live in India].When I mean all-in-one,the printer should include a scanner,copier and if possible it should be able to do the work of a fax machine[again,this is optional].If the printer is worth it in the long run,I might push the budget to 8-9 k,but no more than that.
Requirements:-
1)Mostly try to give me an amazon link.[Yeah,yeah I know that amazon is expensive than lets say mdcomputers and other online/offline sellers,but still for my peace of mind,do the necessary imo ;)]
2)Warranty/guarantee of the required product should be at least 2-3 years[preferably more].
3)HP is the king of all things printer related[I already have one and it served me well for 5 years],although I would not mind buying from another corp,if again,the investment is worth it.

So,let the ball roll and throw at me the markets best stuff in the above mentioned price range.Hope you have a good day :)

#3 ·
HP is the king of all things printer related[I already have one and it served me well for 5 years]
What model name and model number is your current HP printer?

If you're looking for a HP all-in-one that prints and scans and copies, the DeskJet models may do fine for you.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hp+deskjet+all-in-ones&tbm=shop&*
If you're looking for a HP all-in-one that also faxes, the OfficeJet models may do fine for you.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hp+officejet+all-in-ones&tbm=shop&*

I've never owned an all-in-one other than HP, so I can't recommend any other brands and models to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Here is the link of the printer that I currently have:- http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ter-series---K2/3811342/model/3811361/drivers
And,this is the printer I want to buy:- http://www.amazon.in/HP-DeskJet-453...1488271794&sr=8-2&keywords=all+in+one+printer

Just like you said,I am a HP enthusiast myself[canon is good too].I just have some queries about the printer that I am intending to buy:-
1)As it has a touch screen interface on the device itself,I am worried about it's performance in the long run.....
2)It is wireless[though it has its advantages],how does it fare in the long run with its other wired compatriots?
3)As I am not a heavy user[student],I intend to use the printer for 20-30 copies[printouts per month].

#5 ·
I'm not a fan of printers that have a touch-screen control panel or which feed in paper from the bottom.
I stick with models that have a push-button control panel and which feed paper from the top rear.
I currently own HP DeskJet 2542 and HP DeskJet 2549 and HP DeskJet 3632 all-in-ones.
They work fine for what I need them for, and they're able to be set up wireless.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
Thanks for your recommendations,but it seems none of them are available where I live[India].I think I would be satisfied with an inkjet all in one colour printer,does not need to be wireless nor a touchscreen panel,but I just cannot seem to get one in my budget i.e. 6500-7000 rupees[104 $].

#9 ·
If you have a limited budget, then you are likely going to have to settle for whatever is available for that price. In limited markets such as yours, if you want an opinion, it's best for you to provide a list of what is available first.

#10 ·
Well,the title says it all.I' am looking for a nice all-in-one printer
Although I am hardly qualified to be giving advice, one thing that I have learned about printers from my own mistakes is that, if you ever intend to print on anything other than plain old paper, avoid any printer that loads and exits the paper from the same side; on these types of printers, the paper begins upside-down in the tray, then gets picked up and rolled over to pass through the printing process to then exit on the same side above where the paper is loaded; anything other than plain paper is a paper-wasting fight to get to work.

I learned this the hard way.
We have an old $29.99 HP DeskJet that loads the paper in the rear and spits the printed page out the front; for years and years, this old printer would suck in whatever you fed it, be it tissue paper or cardboard, print on it, and shoot it out, with nary a failure; plus, the printed result looked as good as anything I ever compared it to.

Then, one night, the wife had a ton of stuff to print for her Bible School class and, on about the third sheet, the old HP faltered and quit.

In sort of an emergency, without me having the luxury of doing my usual days and days of research, she drove ninety miles to the nearest town that would have such things and bought a Brother all-in-one J870DW ; while it does a good enough job of printing on plain paper and an excellent job on printable DVDs, it is a complete fight to get it to print on any but the thinnest photo papers; plus, it has that silly touch screen.

As for the old HP, it turns out that the "brick" in the power cord had gone bad; I bought a replacement on E-Bay for five bucks and it is back in business.

Thanks for reading.

#11 ·
This is certainly something that I will keep in my mind as I intend to use the printer mostly for project and class work[student].I have not found a printer that suits me and my father's requirements on amazon or flipkart.So,I have decided to check on some offline options and then compare their prices online.I will be back as soon as I have made a list of the probables and then narrow it down according to my requirements and budget.Will post here as soon as I am done with it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.