Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capture ZPL sent to Zebra printer

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ziggy1 
#1 ·
Hi. I don't know which forum to start in but I am looking for software that will allow me to capture the print data sent to a printer via TCIP for a UNIX based system...

This has nothing to do with unix or windows' but I need to intercept the data coming to the printer and then do reformatting with the data.

I'm trying to avoid development costs of redesigning labels by manipulating the data' I cand change the current print setup at source either which is why I need to grab it based on the IP it is going to.

#2 ·
Off the top of my head you could catch the print jobs as they hit the spooler and redirect. or not allow the auto deletion of the print job or possibly print driver has a 'keep document option'. At that point you have the raw print data.

As far as software to do this, I see your dilemma when you Google...Have you looked at papercut.com, It was confusing but interesting.

This Google provided some interstings links: software capture reformat print jobs

#3 ·
Thanks Draceplace, sorry for the late reply. I've finally manage to get them to create a label for me. It is a difficult setup because the Print driver is maintained on a Unix server and we can't control it from our site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.