Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about Chrome Incognito

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  SixShooter14 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

When I open Chrome I have it set to open in incognito. Instead of it opening to Yahoo like it has been doing for quite some time it opens the page that says You Have Gone Incognito instead of Yahoo.

In Chrome settings I have Yahoo set as my start up page and in the On Start Up I also have set to Yahoo.

Did something change in Chrome to make incognito mode open to the you have gone incognito. If not why did this issue happen? How do I fix it?

I rebooted my pc to see if the issue got fixed by rebooting but the issue is still happening.

I did a scan with Malware Bytes free and it found no issues.

Thanks for your help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5310 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7560D, 768 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 873 GB (675 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO,
Antivirus: Sophos Home, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#6 ·
Probably the same default page.

When did this start happening?
Has your Chrome updated recently?
Perhaps try finding a previous version of Chromium and see if that works better.
Chrome has always before today opened to Yahoo in incognito.
This issue started today 5-24-2017
How do I tell when Chrome updated?
How would I go back to a previous version?

#7 ·
You should be able to find the version in the 'settings' ->'about' (sorry, I'm not near a PC to check exactly)

You'd need to find a previous version to download and disable updates. (I'm pretty sure there's a disable auto-update option) I rarely use Chrome. But I use Slimjet everyday which is a chromium based browser. And it has these options in the settings.

#8 ·
You should be able to find the version in the 'settings' ->'about' (sorry, I'm not near a PC to check exactly)

You'd need to find a previous version to download and disable updates. (I'm pretty sure there's a disable auto-update option) I rarely use Chrome. But I use Slimjet everyday which is a chromium based browser. And it has these options in the settings.
When you get near a PC please let me know if you find those options.
I looked under help and did not find a disable update option. I also looked in settings and advanced settings and didn't find an option to disable auto updates. I did a search and from those results in order to disable automatic updates need to change some registry settings.

It is strange that it suddenly opened to that page instead of Yahoo like it has been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.