Tech Support Guy banner

Should Gianforte be impeached?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnny b 
#1 ·
From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

excerpt:
Most impeachments have concerned alleged crimes committed while in office, though there have been a few cases in which Congress has impeached and convicted officials partly for prior crimes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Crimes_and_Misdemeanors

excerpt:
The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, and refusal to obey a lawful order. Offenses by officials also include ordinary crimes, but perhaps with different standards of proof and punishment than for nonofficials, on the grounds that more is expected of officials by their oaths of office.
There does seem to be some vagueness to how the above is applied as regards to 'misdemeanors'.
So the questions might come up, is assault a misdemeanor? Is depriving free speech a misdemeanor? Is denying the freedom of the press a misdemeanor?.......and one day before being elected?

And if he gets away with calling it a mental aberration, is that enough cause for impeachment?

Poor Montana. sad.

John.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think the problem lies with the fact that he was elected in the first place. Sorta reminds me of another issue we got currently........

#6 ·
:D

It's all about a newly elected Montana Congressional Rep. that clocked a news reporter, the day before he was elected for asking a question he didn't seem to want to answer.
A Fox news team was there and confirmed the assault.

#7 ·
No. Montana deserves him and he fits right in with the current temperament of our people and politicos.:cry:

#9 ·
I'd skip all of Europe....too close to ISIS terrorism and being a US citizen would be like having a target on 'your' back 24/7.

Back to topic:

No matter what their political party, any elected official that conducts themselves as Gianforte did, so conspicuously above the law, needs to be booted out of government.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.