Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No display

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  kenbok51 
#1 ·
Ok so i decided to build by own computer have everything together and everything powers up but it wont show a display can someone please help me.

My set up is
Cpu-amd fx 4300 3.8gHz
Motherboard-asus-m5a78l-m plus/usb3 micro atx am3+
Ram- crucial- ballistix 16g( 4x4gb)
Hard drive-western digital caviar green 1tb 3.5" 5400rpm internal hard drive
Gpu- msi geforce gtx 1050 ti derict x
Case- diypc-zondda-w atx mid tower
Power supply-tagan bz series 700w
Operating system-windows 10

#4 ·
You can't install Windows 10 in that hard drive while it's in a different computer and then install that hard drive in your self-built computer.
Windows 10 needs to installed in that hard drive while it's already in your self-built computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#6 · (Edited)
I've never built a computer from scratch, so I have no idea what's wrong with yours.

If all of its hardware is connected correctly and is working, the monitor should still display something, even with no Windows operating system installed.

I suggest you read and follow crjdriver's troubleshooting guide for a self-built computer:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-guide-for-problem-builds.580000/

---------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
OK, I see a whole bunch of problems here;
1 Already pointed out by Frank; you cannot install windows on one system and expect it to boot with another system. Not going to happen
2 Big one. Your board does not appear to have a uefi bios. The 10xx series cards do not generally support legacy bios. Sometimes they will work and sometimes they do not work; depends on the individual mfg. [If the card included a legacy switch]
3 Parts selection. You installed a higher end video card however the motherboard you selected is a low end micro board. Asus makes some fine boards however that one is not one of them. Micro boards are designed for light duty ie web access, running office, etc. NOT for any type of gaming or other stressful endeavor

At this point, here is what I would do;
1 Pull out your video card
2 Connect the monitor to the onboard port which is part of that motherboard ie the onboard video
3 Pw ON and see if it will POST. If it does, you have your answer.
4 If the board does not POST in the above config, then read and follow the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

#10 ·
Have you read and followed ALL steps of the guide at the top of the h/w forum?

Common errors for new/inexperienced builders;
1 4/8pin aux pw connector not plugged in
2 Cooler/hsf not installed correctly. This is more an intel problem than an amd problem. AMD type coolers are almost idiot proof in how they install
3 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs

#11 ·
I had the bad stand off problem once and boy was it hard to figure out. I struggled for weeks until I saw a post about my specific motherboard with the same issue. What I found out was manufacturers might use the same PCB style for different versions of motherboards and to make manufacturing cheaper they put holes in the board for several types, and some of them are not designed to have a standoff and screw there. If it isn't specifically mentioned in the manual it can be a bear to figure out. Basically if a motherboard hole has solder around it it, is meant as a ground and can be used to mount, but if there is no solder don't put one there.

#16 ·
The only other thing I can think of that got me on a new build was when one of the springs of the backplate that was supposed to lay on top of the usb metal box of the motherboard, ended up inside one of the slots instead of on top of the box which caused a short and was not easy to find. Since then I'm very careful when I slide the mobo to the back plate to line up the mounting holes that all springs are up on top of their corresponding boxes. Did you loose or drop any screws during your build that may be hiding under the motherboard? Did you use the correct power connectors for your PCI-E card (marked pci-e). maybe pull all your ram sticks shuffle them around and put them back in a random order adding them back one at a time and see if it works at first then fails. New ram sticks can be faulty and just one bad apple spoils the whole bunch jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.