Tech Support Guy banner

Playing guitar

156K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  ekim68 
#1 ·
Seems like a good place to share ideas and tips on playing the guitar. I'm an old rocker who was influenced by The Ventures, and later Eric Clapton and Jimi, and nowadays Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert....
On chords: My suggestion on playing chords is to start with a song you know, even a simple two chord song, and play it over and over until the strings don't rattle. :)
On dexterity: I have an old 1929 Royal manual typewriter that I bang on to build up strength in my fingers. (It helps to type a variety of letters to change the memory of your fingers..;) )

#845 · (Edited)
This here might be a bit under par for this course of discussion, but at this hour, just recalled that a Steely Dan tune that had a rather unique guitar sound... with solid vocals to boot...many are better but this is what it is/was :)

And I have no idea why my link insists on embedding a video playlist...all I did was copy/paste the URL...o_O

#867 · (Edited)
Mike, with respect to Stanley Clarke and Al Di Miola, you know the LP "Return to Forever" ...
and taking the liberty of string are strings,
I tinkered with the piano, and got only a little bit of of the theme...piano is harder than guitar!
(for me)

perhaps posted before, as you often say... I'm in the mood just now... expressive, percussive, an impressive performance...

Where Have I Known You Before?