Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  blues_harp28 
#1 ·
While using my PC my tower shut down my monitor is working and displays No Signal on it but the tower is off and the power button does nothing everything's plugged in and the electricity is working fine. What's wrong with it? It's a bought computer not made.

#2 ·
Hi, how old is the Pc?
If you feel able to -check inside the Pc.
Turn the Pc off - remove the plug from the wall.
Once you have opened the case.
Touch the metal case to discharge any static.

Remove any dust - do not use a vacumm cleaner, too much static.
Check that all fans are free of dust and will rotate.

Remove Ram - Video cards etc and then Reseat them back in their slots.
But first - clean the copper connections of the Ram - Video cards with a pencil eraser.
If more than one Ram stick - use just one stick at a time installed in your Pc as a test and see if it will start.
Check all cables and connections.
Put the case back on the Pc and see if it will boot to the desktop.

http://www.howtogeek.com/72716/how-to-thoroughly-clean-your-dirty-desktop-computer/

#4 ·
Some of the more basic things to try is make sure the cord that plugs into the back of the tower is fully seated, don't just check at the wall. Also there is a rocker switch on most power supplies in the back. If a O is rocked down (Open) the power is off, if a -- is rocked down (Line) the power is on. If you grabbed the tower from the back to move it a little you may have inadvertently flipped the switch. If none of the above more detailed fixes don't work, you may be looking at replacing the power supply since PC manufacturers skimp on good supplies and use cheap ones to make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.