Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

myway closing for good please help

Solved 
24K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
ON 10/02/2017 MYWAY EMAIL SERVICE IS CLOSING FOR GOOD.

I am listing the information I have and what I don't have. I've been with them a very long time and have a lot of info I need to change. Here goes....

As of October 2, 2017, MyWay Email will be shut down. If you are a MyWay Email account holder, please log in and save all information you wish to save. After October 2, 2017, you will not be able to access your emails. Please visit our support page to learn how to save and download your emails.

Important information regarding your email account
As of October 2, 2017, MyWay and IWON Email will be shut down. If you are an Email account holder, please log in and save all information you wish to retain. After October 2, 2017, you will not be able to access your emails.

We have enabled POP and IMAP*** on your account to allow you to download your mail onto your computer.

Please follow the instructions below to set up your account. We have provided instructions for both MyWay and iWon.

Thank you for you years of loyalty using our Email!

FOR MyWay USERS:
For added security, we have randomly generated a password for your POP and IMAP access. We have emailed you your updated login information.

To access your email via POP or IMAP, install an email client such as Outlook, MacMail or Thunderbird and then configure them to contact to MyWay.com using the following settings:

Incoming POP server: pop.myway.com
or
Incoming IMAP server: imap.myway.com

You will have until October 2, 2017 to retrieve your email from your myway.com account. If you used your MyWay email for any account creation or account recovery, you will need to update your account settings. Please contact us if you need additional assistance.

They never sent me a randomly generated password or any updated login information that I know of and I don't understand what there talking about as far as the PoP server or the IMAP server.
I've tried to contact them numerous times. I even reached them once a was given a case code but never heard from them again.
I really need help and I need it soon. I even used myway to create folders to store all email accounts in. I collect coins, and buy alot on ebay, the Mint and some auction houses. Needless to say its a lot of
non-replaceable information.
I sure hope someone can help me I'm really flipping out.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

See less See more
#41 · (Edited)
Mcboatmaster - Thanks to you and a lot of other people on this great site, my problem is solved. Used POP for gmail and IMAP for Thunderbird. Everything moved just fine, and though I still have a lot
of work setting everything up, all my emails and data is secure. Myway 's shut down now and though I really hate to see them leave, everything changes. - Bill

#42 ·
Cheers
Hope all is good
Take care
Pleased to have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.