Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlink in Email

904 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Hi, I have included a hyperlink in my email but each time when people click on the hyperlink, it goes to the web homepage. I need the link to go direct to the instruction in that webpage to make it easier, not the homepage. Thank you.

#2 ·
Hi dabu77, and welcome to TSG.

Are you trying to get your readers to a specific location on the web site's home page or a different page on the same web site?

If you are trying to get your readers to a specific location on the web site's homepage, that is only possible if the creator of the web page added an HTML ID tag at the start of that location.

#4 ·
Thanks cwwozniak & DaveA. I would like the readers to go to a different page in same website. For example, at the menu of the homepage, there's a button for registration.
I want to make the readers directly go to the registration page once they click the link in my email instead of go to homepage and then select registration.
I've tried edit the address in my link but each time readers click on the link, it still direct to the homepage. Hope you understand :) Thanks for your help..

#8 ·
For example, at the menu of the homepage, there's a button for registration.
I want to make the readers directly go to the registration page once they click the link in my email instead of go to homepage and then select registration.
You could try right clicking on the registration button on the homepage and selecting "Copy shortcut" in IE or "Copy Link Location" in Firefox, and then pasting the clipboard contents into your email as the link. If that link still takes the recipient to the site's homepage, then it is most likely the site owner has their server configured to block direct linking to that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.