Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
This has been a problem for a whillee now. So basically it started with my gtx 750ti which used to work fine but outa nowhere my pc became unstable and i got a lot of lag and out of nowhere i encountered en issue where i couldnt boot with that specific gpu. however that gpu worked on my friends pc perfectly. therefore i assumed that something else was broken. i now have a new cpu and motherboard with a working gpu. i didnt change the ram or psu which is 500 watts. now i have a decent gpu cpu and motherboard. after i got the new stuff, when i played gta i got major lag spikes to like 1fps when i went into cutscenes. same with forza as soon as i loaded in i got 1fps now i reset my pc completely with fully wiped drives and i can barely boot. i can stay on windows for like 10 min then it justs shutdown after a windows error. idk what to do im willing to buy new parts but idk which parts to get or if i can just fix this dont really want a another gpu its too exp. please helpp

#3 · (Edited)
Check the ram with memtest - run at least ONE complete pass of 8 - 10 tests
https://www.memtest86.com/

see 3rd image on link pass is at 40% overall and 60% on test 3
so you are going to run memtest until pass is 100% and that will be when test 10 or maybe 11 is completed.

That is the first approach as obviously there is no cost to that
If memtest fails on other than test 11 you may presume ram is faulty
Depending on ram setup
repeat memtest on individual sticks.

If one stick fails then again you may presume that is faulty so attempt boot and play without that stick

If all memtest passes then check voltages in UEFI setup and using a third party app for comparison
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Pay particular attention to the readings for the 12v
If those appear suspect - outside of +/- 5%
then I suggest you should start to suspect your PSU

I would not recommend you simply replace more parts until you have conducted some tests
You would not be the first person to buy a new PSU and find the fault still exists.

#6 ·
I would really test the pw supply voltages both under a no load condition and when running a stress test ie prime95 or IBT. Many motherboard mfg have purpose designed software for monitoring; asus, gigabyte, asrock, and msi all have this option. This will give you better info than a third party program. If you post your exact specs, we can see if there is monitoring software available.
It costs nothing to test voltages however if you want to continue to spend money, up to you.

#7 ·
I agree and why ever would you buy ram without testing the ram you have

#8 ·
#9 ·
I agree as posted in my post 3
Check the ram with memtest - run at least ONE complete pass of 8 - 10 tests
https://www.memtest86.com/

see 3rd image on link pass is at 40% overall and 60% on test 3
so you are going to run memtest until pass is 100% and that will be when test 10 or maybe 11 is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.