Tech Support Guy banner

Major League Baseball (MLB)

118K views 1K replies 12 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
Now that the Red Sox Pitchers and Catchers have reported to Spring Training camp in Florida this past Sunday, position players are scheduled to report no later than tomorrow, however, most have already reported, except notably for David Ortiz with a brand new contract.

It appears that Bobby Valentine (new Red Sox on-field Manager) is running a tight ship and the players are gung-ho for it.

Meanwhile in the off-season, the MLB rules have been modified for this coming season as follows:
MLB tweaks rule to prevent stalling for relievers.

-- Tom

#752 ·
Gonna be an interesting October. It will be a surprise if it is not Stros/Dodgers imo...and I can honestly see, with this rotation, the Stros taking it all....

Reactions: ekim68
#756 ·
boy oh boy oh boy.....heavyweight battle starts tonight. Been talking about this since June. Should be a great show. Best rotation vs the best offense. This is the stuff I dream of. Obviously go Astros but dang if I aint stoked for the spectacle.

#764 ·
#763 ·
And more on this...

How one blown strike call in Game 5 illustrates MLB's need for robot umps

WASHINGTON -- The dawn of the robot umpire is near, and it is time. Game 5 of the World Series exemplified this. Plate umpire Lance Barksdale actually called a decent game by the current standards for umpires, but the combination of an untimely blown call and a hot-mic video of his rationale behind another poor judgment illustrated why automated balls and strikes must be part of baseball's future sooner than later.

#766 ·
zero complaints here. Bit surprised that the home team couldn't win a game....VERY surprised that Strasburg is the first overall #1 pick to win a WS MVP. Odd little stat, that.

#768 ·