Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need assistance configuring / provisioning Aruba AP-135 WAP

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  zx10guy 
#1 ·
Is anyone familiar with Aruba AP-135 WAPs? Assistance configuring / provisioning an Aruba AP-135 WAP would be greatly appreciated. We have Aruba 3600 controllers. Also, how to correct when a specific Access point has a "poor" quality status? Thanks in advance for any help.

#3 ·
I am taking a brand new Aruba AP-135 AP out of the box. How do I get this on our school network? Hook it up to any layer 2/3 switch, or an Aruba controller, then configure through Aruba controller via the web UI? The only decent video i've seen is this one on YT:
What's the best practice configuring a new Aruba AP? Any help much appreciated, as this is for a school district with limited funds.

#5 ·
First you need to configure a port on the 3600 to be for the backend network between the controller and the AP. Or if you're using VLAN trunking, you have to define a specific VLAN for this backhaul. You then have to create a DHCP scope for the APs and then assign it to the port or VLAN. I don't remember if control plane security is enabled by default on all firmware versions or only after a specific version. But if you don't turn this off, the controller will not accept and provision any APs that are not included in the white list.

The above is just the basic setup to get the controller to recognize and provision the AP. Now you have to create VAP (virtual AP) profiles which will include details like SSID, wireless protocols supported (a, b, g, n, ac), VLAN, etc.

Setting up an Aruba controller based wireless system can get quite complicated. You're not going to learn how to do this by watching a 5 minute Youtube video. If you are a school employee, your school should be sending you to Aruba training. Based on your level of expertise and assuming you won't be deploying a huge number of APs, you should have used the Instant AP system from Aruba instead of diving into a controller based solution.

In addition, if you bought this equipment new, you all should have purchased the newer products. The 3600 controller is in the previous line of wireless products and is end of sale. Same with the AP135. You all should be purchasing a 7000 series controller and a 200 series AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.