Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Agab0721 
#1 ·
I have windows 7 installed on my desktop, and I recently bought a firecuda 1 terabyte ssdhdd. I connected everything like it was suppose to, but then I tried to put my ssd into ahci mode, and it did a restart then a flash of a blue screen and now nothing loads, it jus loops back to the computer start up screen then nothing after that, sometimes it takes me to the repair screen. I need to know how to fix this issue, because I have six years of pictures, videos, and files on my PC I don't want to lose.

#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

There is no guarantee that I will have a solution, but it might help someone here to assist you if you gave us some more details.

1) Did you install the new SSD drive to serve as additional storage or were you planning to move the operating system and other contents from the original drive to the new drive, and make the new drive the boot drive?

2) Can you get back into the BIOS and change the drive mode back to what it was before you tried to change it?

#3 ·
@cwwozniak

1. At first I was only using it as storage but then I saw that I could make it my bootdrive and copy everything over, so that's what I tried to do. I watched a video on YouTube that had showed how to put it into ahci mode, and I had to change some numbers in the registry but that was a mistake cuz that's when everything went wrong.

2. Yes I can get back into the bios, I had changed the SSD to ahci from ide.

#5 ·
I've never tried it, but from what I have read online, changing the boot drive's operating mode after installing the operating system can cause Windows not to boot.

Were you able to start Windows 7 withouth any problems from the SSD before you switched the mode?

If you completely disconnect the new SSD and make the original HDD the boot drive, does the computer boot up normally?

Exactly how did you copy over everything from the original HDD to the SSD?

#6 ·
I saw where you said " I had to change some numbers in the registry" If that is not done exactly right it can mess every thing up.

#7 ·
@cwwozniak
1. Yeah before I did anything to the registry my computer was running fine.

2. I disconnected the SSD and made the original HDD the master, and when I turn on my pc, I get a mbr error.
3. From the YouTube video I saw it said to change some numbers in the registry. I'll try to find the video and post a link to it.

#9 · (Edited)
Update; so I got my PC back up and running, was such a simple fix! All I did was turn on my PC, hit F2 to bring up the boot screen menu options; and hit enter on last known good configuration, and bam it brought my PC back to before I decided to use ahci mode! All my files are still there! And now I'm just using my ssd gaming drive as the new location to install my PC games. Screw ahci mode! Lol but thank you to everyone who responded. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.