Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog or optical for 2.1 speaker setup?

649 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CoraDias 
#1 ·
I just purchased the Sound BlasterX AE-5 sound card for my desktop. I have a Logitech 2.1 speaker setup that I currently have connected to that sound card via S/PDIF. The Sound Blaster Connect 2 software doesn't seem to work with optical, at least not that I could figure out. It's not a huge deal because most of it is just unnecessary software tuning that makes the audio sound like crap.

The software works with analog connections, and I know this because I used some headphones. So, my question is this. Will I notice any difference between optical and analog? Should I just keep the optical connection even if I can't use the software for the speakers? Or, should I get analog cables and connect them that way?

Thanks in advance!

#8 ·
Honestly.

To answer your question, I personally would only use optical connections to a high end audio receiver with speakers and or TV that provides better control options...

Seems to me that you would have better sound control with an analog setup than an optical one. Especially with help from a software package that was meant for your sound equipment.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe 《♤》

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.