Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

microsoft edge vs. ie 11

813 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
using windows 10 and ie 11
many web-sites that i open say my browser is out of date and to upgrade ie.................i have the latest version so there is nothing i can do
in juno.....................ie11 is not compatible with juno so ie won't open
would downloading microsoft edge solve my problem or is there another way to get ie11 to open??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herb

#3 ·
There are too many sites nowadays that will say IE is out of date & block it or put up a warning message
Edge is only available on W10, but you still get that message when using W7 or W8.1 when you have no option apart from IE unless you choose to use Goggle Chrome or Firefox

The reason they are doing this is because IE is not fully compatible with some of the latest HTML5 features, nor is FireFox ESR ( long term release). In my opinion these sites are very misguided and are cutting off a large audience from their site. Unfortunately even some Microsoft sites will not work in IE and you are forced to use Google Chrome

#6 ·
ie11 is not compatible with juno so ie won't open
Obviously that is not true.
Here's my inbox from Juno on IE 11, showing today's date.

The only alteration I did was to erase part of the juno address at the top. I don't need the world seeing that. Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Additionally, you do not need software to go to Juno and do email. I do it daily using Palemoon browser and before that Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.