Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Having trouble un-installing AVG Internet Security

821 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
I have been trying to uninstall this program because I am getting various messages one of which this is' Threat secure! We've safely locked this file in your quarantine. ( Win32:Evo-gen[Susp] in ...one_046401adf67e3d1f\msflacencoder.dll PID 0.
After running the program the program it list the of things that it have found and at the bottom of the window it tells you to 'install to fix ' after clicking this nothing happens, but below that it says' install AVG pc tuneup to fix this problem for free.' and every few minutes 'It say a suspicious item has been detected'
to try to get rid of this program I downloaded the AVG Remover program which is reporting that there are no items left. Before installing the program I uninstalled all of the anti-virus software to try to uncover the program, which I found to be futile. Your help would be invaluble.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8139 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 902 GB (628 GB Free);
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you already remove the AVG Antivirus program? Does this program show up under Add/Remove programs in the control panel? The easiest method to uninstall completely would be to reinstall the AVG suite and then completely remove using the AVG Removal Tool. If that does not work then it will have to be removed manually.

https://www.avg.com/en-us/utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.