Tech Support Guy banner

What Are You Watching? Plus Media Industry News

193K views 4K replies 98 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 · (Edited)
VHS/BETA Max? Laser Disc? DVD? HD DVD/BD? Movie Theater? Live Theater? Streaming? Cable TV? Satellite? Antenna (OTA)?

📺 I'm watching Game Of Thrones - season 5 on DVD

#1,564 ·
Don't think I've seen an extended thread that hasn't drifted off topic here on TSG from time to time.
Guilty myself of it, as are many :oops:

But as to watching...
I never saw the show when it was broadcast on prime time, but upon reruns, have come to sort of like "Monk."

Perhaps dated for some, but I seem to identify with with the characters' anxiety and phobias.
(except for arranging other people's knick-knacks)

Liked Tony Shalhoub in other roles, this is new to me, old hat to others.

#1,569 · (Edited)
Just having a White Russian and admiring Sam Elliot's deep resonant voice and awesome mustache in The Big Lebowski on DVD.
His 'stache works because his voice makes it so :)

Having grown some facial hair myself over the past 3.33 years or so, find it's rather a hassle overall... esp when it comes to saucy BBQ ribs and the like, or if one gets a snotty nose! :eek:

also like Phillip Seymour Hoffman in that flick...and many others (y)

#1,573 ·
Project Blue Book on the History channel...

After watching the 4th episode, I must say that I expected more from this.
Though it says "based on true" I find it highly fictionalized, and somewhat boring.

Having a read a great deal about the Project, back in the day, I submit the fictional components are a poor attempt to emulate the X Files.
The stories, while basically seem true by matter of record, are embellished with overly dramatic scenarios that never happened.

According to the "official" report... :rolleyes:

Ah, well, that's what passes thee days for entertainment, I reckon.

#1,582 ·
While I've asked The Boy to return my borrowed DVDs and such... so he brought me a stack...none of which were mine :rolleyes:

But included the entire Alien offerings, which I might watch, and a Steve Martin dual disk of My Blue Heaven plus The Man with Two Brains ( now I might watch that one soon ;))
All the Bond 007 flicks with Sean Connery...and some others I won't watch, most likely, since they've all been on TV too recently for a re-watch now.

But tonight, after the rain starts, I feel a Galaxy Quest coming on, with buttery popcorn, and the show must go on!
Much to Alexander's misgivings...;)

(Tim will get that, if no one else does :D )

#1,583 ·
Did you know My Blue Heaven is considered a sister-film to Goodfellas? The hubby of the lady who wrote MBH wrote Goodfellas, and they are both based on Henry Hill. :) Both are great flicks IMHO.

#1,588 ·
Finally managed to watch all 6 seasons of Lost.

I actually liked it, hated the characters Jack and Kate, they drove me mad. Mr 'I'm the one, all listen to MEEEEEEEEEE' Jack :mad:

But, my favs were Lock, Sayed, Hurley, Soyer and Ben :D

#1,590 · (Edited)
I sure like the series at first...but it grew so enigmatic (which was fun at first) ... I think they did a special recap at some point to "kinda" explain what was going on...and confessed at on point "we don't really know, now just making it up as we go along" or some similar sentiment.

But overall I was drawn in to a point, and the ultimately disappointing ending. I felt like "I watched all this for this ending?" :(
Many of my friends thought so too.

Really good concept, just didn't figure it would last as long as it did, and the creators just had to wing it towards the end. I still go back and watch some scenes, for they were well done!

But it was a fascinating concept that started well, wish it would have held up the mystery and fascination all the way (for me) :)