Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access Print (tell certain pages to print multiple times)

2K views 32 replies 3 participants last post by  Chawbacon 
#1 ·
So I will try to explain this without confusing anyone. I already have a Work Order database. This database prints the Work Orders (Report) to be completed. What is asked is that we add the Work Order Tickets (that attach to the finished product. The issue is the tickets can be anywhere from 1 to 10+?

Example the Database will kick out 4 Work Orders - between these 4 Work Order pages I will need the tickets to Print, Work Order 1 needs 3 tickets, Work Order 2 needs 1 ticket, Work Order 3 needs 10 tickets and Work Order 4 needs 5 tickets.

Currently this is a Report in Access. I am not sure how I can repeat pages in the report depending on the # of tickets I need.

Let me know if this makes any sense.

#29 ·
Hey OBP,

I determined that the unwanted duplicate print issues occur; because, there are two related tables within the sub-report Query.
When I delete the Work_Order_Summary table from the Query, the correct amount of duplicate pages are returned; but, the [FinishedGoodItemNumber] field is deleted (associated with the now deleted Query) and is therefore becomes a dead field on the sub-report.
Is there a way to VBA this info into the report?
If not, I am thinking that the [FinishedGoodItemNumber] field will need to be duplicated on the Work Order Ticket Summary manually, or through an update Query. Otherwise the field would probably have to be moved to a standalone table with a one-to-many relationship (possibly a lookup) that can be pulled directly onto the query from the Work Order Ticket Summary table.

Thoughts?

#30 ·
The duplication can be resolved in the query with the 2 tables by setting the join type to
all records in the main table and only those records in the table with the FinishedGoodItemNumber field
Right click on the "Join Line" and reset the join type.
This should produce the number of Records in the Main table.

#31 ·
Thanks for the reply OBP,

I had tried that also; however, I received a join error when I attempted to save the join changes within the query. This error message occurred even after successfully setting the desired join at the DB Relationship level. I am not sure that Chudok is following this thread anymore, but, this as a nice puzzle that needs cracking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.