Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black screen and no boot on new pc

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a new pc in pieces and i get black screen and no boot. I dont get beep and all my ventilators and rgb is working. Pls some help tnq.

Spec
Intel 8700k
Asus tuf z370 plus gaming
kingston hyperx fury ddr4 8x2 3446 mhz
psu corsair cx600

#6 · (Edited)
Make sure all the internal cables are where they should and connected properly. Was your graphics card seated and connected properly? Are all your RAM sticks fully inserted?

Were you overclocking your computer

You might need a higher wattage quality psu, since youre overclocking and you have powerful components

Do you by chance have a cooling system?

#7 ·
Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.
Next the cx series of pw supplies are fine for a basic build however they are NOT fine for any type of gaming, overclocking, or other stressful endeavor.

Common errors for new builders;
1 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
2 Aux or cpu pw connector not plugged in
3 Heatsink fan not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are pretty much idiot proof

#10 ·
1. Re this
I recently bought a new pc in pieces
does this mean that you bought the parts separately - all being new and then assembled them
OR does it mean you bought some manner of disassembled computer - on special offer - advertised as new but not working and sold on offer.
The reason I ask is that, whilst appreciating that English is perhaps not your first language, the wording
I recently bought a new pc in pieces
is a little unusual for what is often said as

"I have just built a computer using the following parts etc."

2. If you could answer the questions asked it may make it easier to help you
I appreciate a number of people have replied to you but you do not answer what is asked
By that I mean
What monitor and what type of video cable are you using to connect to the computer?
asked in post 4 and never answered.

3. The RGB leds on the board being lit have no direct relevance to it booting - those will light if power is supplied to them

4. Often the cause can be the wrong connection to the 8 pin CPU power on the board. If a PCIe power connection (graphic card power) is used there instead of the CPU it will NOT boot

5. That CPU was configured by BIOS for use on this board on BIOS version 0408
Core i7-8700K (3.7GHz, 6C, 95W, L3:12M,HT) ALL 0408

I doubt it is a BIOS problem as the CPU was released April 2017 and the BIOS on release of the board was version 0407 on 8 Sept 2017

6. If you get no further checking All CONNECTIONS CAREFULLY, I would recommend the connection of a motherboard speaker and check any beep codes
Speaker connection page 1-17 of motherboard manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.