Tech Support Guy banner

What Are You Watching? Plus Media Industry News

193K views 4K replies 98 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 · (Edited)
VHS/BETA Max? Laser Disc? DVD? HD DVD/BD? Movie Theater? Live Theater? Streaming? Cable TV? Satellite? Antenna (OTA)?

📺 I'm watching Game Of Thrones - season 5 on DVD

#2,040 ·
'Tis the season, and just the way things are, for reruns.
I watch movies on TV I already own on DVD.
I see stuff listed on the cable guide listed as "New" when in fact they are not...it's just that they are being broadcast on a new channel number when it's merely a channel switch, because, take say Discovery and AMC for example, are in a "family" of networks....different call letters and channel 47 hasn't broadcast the same stuff that was on channel 83 last year.
Though they're both owned by the same parent company.
So something advertised as a "Network Premiere" simply means you've seen it before on channel 83 - but not on Channel 47... so it's NEW.

Also I have a suspicion that some "new" offerings are but stuff that was made earlier but got shelved for whatever reason, never aired in a timely fashion.
But now being exhumed from the archives, because why not?
Something different.

So having said that, there are some reruns that remain classic, everyone has their favorites.
There's lottsa stuff you folks have mentioned I haven't seen, and it's my bad I don't endeavor to expand my horizons.
Oh, sometimes I watch my favorite things but tend to wax cynical about them, make fun of it, criticize plot holes too much, wonder why I even thought I liked it... and do so out loud.
Sort of like being in my own personal Mystery Science Theater 3000 --- without the benefit of watching it along with like-minded friends... all loving it, but without the banter and wit that my buddies would provide.

Aww, sorry folks.... yes well, perhaps this should've gone to the Firepit, or some other rambling thread.
Too much TV is bad for you, they say.
Well, sure.
But if I watch to excess, there's only one person to blame.

That would be @2twenty2 :love:🆒:ROFLMAO:

No buddy, you apparently have an extensive and enviable collection of media that I wish we all had access to!
The difference in owning all that stuff and watching whatever one thinks is the right thing on TV is that the TV chooses for you...sometimes I'm just too damn lazy to realize to swap DVDs would be almost as easy as taking a sleeping pill ;)

But to end this excess of wordy thoughts, I did like the very short series on BBC America called "Quiz."
True-ish story about the game show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" scandal in the UK.
Just three episodes.
I liked it.

Later tonight will DVR The Big Lebowski which I had on DVD, but lent it to some person who was fond of White Russians apparently, for I never got it back. :sheesh:

#2,043 ·
lol....i still cannot believe they are continuing that....the fact that they made a second boggles my mind as the first is just drivel IMO....that said, I am obviously in the minority.

And RIP Paul....from what Ive read a good guy all around.

#2,048 ·
I have a Roku 4K box on loan from my public library. It includes a Disney+ subscription. I figured I would check out the video of the Hamilton stage play last night to see for myself what all the hype was about. I turned it off in under 15 minutes. I have the movie 1776 recording on the DVR for watching later today.

#2,049 · (Edited)
Yesterday was Guru Purnima in India a day dedicated to our Gurus (Teachers). We thank our teachers for the knowledge they gave us and pay respect to them by bowing down to them. Be it a Guru at our School/College or a Spiritual Guru we bow down to them.

And so watching a video by Sadhguru check here also watched a video on how to control desires and lust check here and a random video check here :):D

#2,055 ·
A puzzle, eh?
Glad it's not a Final Jeopardy answer ;)

The 3K part reminds me of MST3K's tributes to really bad movies.

And I am bored.

And i don't enjoy puzzles I can't solve immediately!
Even the if the reward makes the effort worth it!
(damn Tomb Raider games :) )
I have taken medicine for ADHD, but not sure why, wasn't prescribed for whatever I have???.

There's too many acronyms floating around these days, took me a while to realize what NASA meant by the SST numbered missions, but the CIA doesn't let the FBI in on the KGB on the SSA benefits that CBS and ABC only broadcasts on MTV.

Sorry, had something in my eye all day... it's crazy how much that hurts.

#2,057 ·
btw way, I was on ADHD meds like 20 years ago (my nickname was 'The Ritalin Kid') and HATED it.

Yes, it took the edge off; that said, I highly enjoy the edge. So I quit taking them.