Tech Support Guy banner

Ad issue

614 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lanctus 
#1 · (Edited)
I do not imagine there is a lot that can be done about this particular issue, but I want it to be on record. Every time I've logged into this site in probably the last week and a half, I get the interactive Toto Washlet Bidet Toilet ad taking up the entire right side of my screen. For the last three-four days, I flag the ad as either "seen this multiple times" or "not interested", and I get the message of reassurance that they will try not to show it. I am still "blessed" with the images of high-powered personal irrigation every log in.

I don't want to see the expressions of people getting an informal colonoscopy by a smart toilet. I'll pay my doctor good money for that eye-opening opportunity. Is there a way to change this?

*I know ads are tailored to the user (if controls are on), but I have them off.

#2 ·
I didn't know you could block a particular ad. Do you happen to be in the EU? I wonder if that's a GDPR feature. Anyway, make sure you don't have any settings to block/clear cookies. I suspect they use cookies to keep track of those sort of preferences.

#3 ·
Not in EU, but the U.S. I use Chrome for my browser, and Google allows you to close ads (until you refresh the page), with the option of specifying why. My ad protests seem to be falling on deaf ears though, as I keep getting them. First world problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.