Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unidentified network?

Solved 
2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was in Discord one day chatting away when suddenly my ethernet stops working and now it's saying my network is unidentified and "default gateway is not available". I've been going through solutions on YouTube and just Google searches on my phone but non seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Click on the Start button and type Device. You should see Device Manager appear as the best match at the top, so click on that. Look for Network Adapters on the list and left-click to expand that option. You should see the Realtek adapter on there, so right-click on it and choose Uninstall. Click Uninstall again on the warning dialogue box which appears, and then reboot the PC. The drivers should re-install automatically after that, and then check your settings again.

#8 ·
Unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable then plug them both back in. Also reboot your router assuming the cable goes directly from the computer to the router and there's nothing in-between like a switch or extender in-between of any kind, if there is tell us exactly what is connected to where.

#14 ·
Router to an ethernet cable to the powerline adapter to the other adapter then ethernet to my pc.
That's wrong.

One powerline adapter gets connected to the router by ethernet.

The other powerline adapter is at a different location, in a different electrical outlet, and a PC connects to it by ethernet.

The two powerline adapters are NOT connected to each other by any ethernet cables. The signal comes through the electrical outlets.

If the lights on the powerline adapters show that they've lost connection to each other. You pull them from the electrical outlets and let them re-discover each other.

I'm using a Netgear setup for years. One adapter is on the first floor near the router. The 2nd unit is in the basement and my husband's desktop computer ( now one but it used to be two )connected through a switch to the powerline adapter. From time to time I've had to pull the two units to re-pair them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.